Monday, October 12, 2009

Autumn at the Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday, we took advantage of the wonderful fall weather and did something in keeping with the season: a trip to the pumpkin patch! After Mass and breakfast at Panera, we traveled to Virginia Beach's Hunt Club Farm! We visited the petting zoo to feed baby goats, chased a myriad of chickens and roosters (who knew there were so many different breeds), and tried to coax cows and pigs over for petting.

Following the petting zoo, we went on a hayride around the Farm and saw dozens upon dozens of gorgeous horses, fields ripe with crops ready for harvest, and plenty of piles of straw that just taunted me with the desire to slide down their prickly slopes! Patrick teased me the entire time, reminding me that we were the only ones there without small children...

Last, but certainly not least, we wandered among the pumpkin patch to pick out two perfect pumpkins that I'll carve on the eve of Halloween, according to Lindsey tradition! Again, more teasing from Patrick that I still carve Jack-o-Lanterns, and that I will ensure one is also carved for him despite his deployment, but I love holidays and can't bear the thought of not carving pumpkins on Halloween! As I told Patrick, I seriously cannot wait to have children that love afternoon outings like the pumpkin patch, flying kites, and feeding ducks at the pond...I truly am a kid at heart!!!



1 comment:

  1. Cute! Hopefully we'll go this weekend! I gave you an award, by the way! Pick it up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete