First things first. Yes, I changed the name of my blog. Making Memories of Us. It just seems to fit with what's going on in the season of my life right now. Please let me know if you have issues with following in any fashion. Hopefully I didn't screw something up!
Secondly, I wanted to give a very brief update on my laser hair removal adventure! First of all, I should remind you that I typically shave my underarms every other day. I shaved on Saturday (after my appointment, though the clinic told me I could have shaved beforehand, I wanted them to see the area to ensure they got it all!). The technician working with me told me to shave as normal/needed throughout this process. Plucking is fine too. Waxing is not. OK, so I shaved on Saturday when I got home. I didn't shave again until Tuesday! After just one treatment. And the hair was softer, thinner, and just noticeably less. I was impressed. I can't wait to see the progress over the next few months (I have six total sessions, spaced 5-6 weeks apart). I'll keep you posted. My next appointment should include my upper lip, eyebrows, and bikini area, but I'm waiting to make sure I'm getting the price we discussed at my first appointment.
Thirdly, I started Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred this week. I meant to take some measurements to see how I progress. But I totally forgot. I'm adding this workout in to three-mile runs three times per week. Today is Day 3. I'm totally sore. All over. But it feels so good. And when I hit my goals, it'll feel even better!
Finally, I wanted to offer some clarification. I mentioned that laser hair removal isn't pain free. But it's also not awful. Well, at least not for me, in my armpits. But I also didn't think natural childbirth was that painful, to be quite honest. The fact is that the laser pinches you more than anything. It's a bit of a surprise when it hits, so you're not expecting it. And it is a sharp, intense pinch. But it doesn't linger, like when you stub your toe (now that is worse than childbirth, in my humble opinion!). My point was simply that laser hair removal typically occurs in rather sensitive areas of the body. So it might be prudent to pop a Motrin or something before an appointment if pain is something you don't handle real well...
Love the new name! I'm not very hairy (that sounds kinda weird!) but I'd consider getting my bikini line zapped someday. So thanks for sharing your story with us. Good luck with the 30 Day Shred!!
ReplyDelete