Sheesh! Where is the time running off to? Can you believe October is almost over, and as soon as Halloween hits we'll be well into the swing of holiday season?! With a pending move, and all that comes along with that, I'm now being forced into facing up to many facts: we only have about six more weeks on the West Coast; we have to drive coast-to-coast with a toddler and preggo mama; we're not 100% sure how we're going to get both cars coast-to-coast; we don't have a house lined up yet (though that process is in motion...more later); we only have one more holiday (Thanksgiving) to spend along before we'll be close enough to family to be/have visitors for all the "biggies"; I don't have a doctor lined up on the East Coast yet....and on and on and on. I guess it's time for me to start up the Moving Chronicles here again so you can keep up with all the adventures! But for now, it's Five Question Friday time, so grab a cup of coffee and let's get this show on the road!

1. Who wakes up in the morning with the kids, you or hubby? Hubs wakes up first to the alarm. I typically hear him get up and savor those last few minutes of peace while I can. After his shower, Hubs wakes me, and somewhere in the next 10 minutes we hear Bunkey start rustling around in his crib, so Hubs brings him to me, where I get to enjoy a minute or two of snuggles before he's off to the races! My day is pretty much on fast forward from that point on. I live for naptimes and am so grateful my little guy naps well twice a day!
2. Do you watch the World Series even if your team isn't in it? We're not a baseball family, so I don't even have a team to watch. In fact, I think I've only watched the Series once in my life because someone I was around at the time had a team in the mix. And I can't remember who or when, so there's an illustration of how much I care! Sorry, baseball fans!
3. What is the best compliment you have received? Probably something along the lines of me being just like my mother. She's truly my hero and if I can be half the mother and wife she is/was than I'll call it a success. Additionally, it's pretty awesome to hear people tell me how proud my dad would be of me if he could see me now. Losing him so unexpectedly almost two years ago is still so raw, but it makes me feel good when people who knew him tell me he'd be pleased with the person I've become and the things I didn't get to share with him that I always thought I would (like being a grandparent)...
4. Do/did you dress up to take your kids trick or treating? Well, we only have one Halloween with Bunkey under our belts, and we only took him to one house last year. I think this year will be two or three, but he's still really too young for all that. And no, I won't be dressing up...
5. Do you have a favorite bible verse? What is it and why? Well, like Mama, I'm Catholic, so I wasn't really taught memorization of Bible verses. So, unfortunately, I really can't tell you a favorite of mine. But our wedding readings were especially beautiful, and I particularly like a portion of our Second Reading (New Testament): "Do not neglect hospitality,for through it some have unknowingly entertained angels." I've always strived to do the right thing, to include others, and to treat people kindly...because you never know just who you might be hosting in your home!
I too live for nap times - unfortunately they keep getting shorter and shorter!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
Lacey @ And They Call Me Mommy
You have received one of the best compliments. My mother is a strong woman as well and I hope I get that kind of compliment as well.
ReplyDelete