Friday, September 14, 2012

5QF: I'm pooped!


It's been one of those weeks.  I'm just exhausted.  Haven't been sleeping well.  I keep having dreams that end around 3:30am, and at the end of the dream, I wake up!  And then I can't go back to sleep.  It's a vicious cycle.  Ugh.  So this weekend I'm trying to relax, get some things done, and get a little rest when I can!  But, for now, it's Five Question friday time, so let's get right to it before I decide about taking a nap on the couch!

1. How long did it take for you to find your wedding dress? (Wedding dress pics anyone?)  We got engaged while I was at a three-week course for the Navy and 12 hours away from home.  When I arrived home, two weeks later, my mom and I jumped right into wedding planning, since I was due to deploy just two weeks after that.  So, my first weekend back home, just three weeks after he put a ring on it, I found my dress.  On accident.  At the same store where I bought my senior prom dress.  I had no idea I'd get my wedding dress at that store, but just went in and started looking on whim, without an appointment, and I fell in love.  Really exciting for me, since otherwise I probably would have ended up waiting until after deployment so I could go up to DC to get a dress...

2. Someone in your general vicinity releases a NASTY smelling fart. Do you say anything or blow it off?  If I know the people in the room, yes, I demand to know who was so rude!  If I'm in a public situation, I keep my mouth shut and say a prayer that no one thinks it was me!

3. What is the scariest thing that happened to you or scared you recently?  My little guy choked on a piece of apple the other day.  It only lasted a second, and he cleared it on his own, but I was terrified!

4. Favorite brand and flavor of ice cream.  Chocolate chip cookie dough.  Or chocolate with peanut butter swirl.  Tough decision, that one!

5. Are you able to sleep well in hotels?  Usually, yes, as long as the pillow isn't too hard/thick.

2 comments:

  1. I found my wedding dress about 2 weeks after my proposal too! But I'm an idiot and didn't buy it until months later after I'd tried on like 30 other dresses. (If I'd been in a situation like yours, I would have bought it that day and saved 15% as they had a first-time-in-the-store discount...oh well.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only had two months to plan my wedding. So my aunt and cousin made an exact replica from a picture I found in a magazine. I would never recommend that for anyone else. It was nuts!

    PS - Yes Alex is so grown up! I can't hardly stand it. Mary Ennis actually flew out for her wedding - talk about blast from the past, eh?

    ReplyDelete