Saturday, June 2, 2012

Retro Mama #5

Thursday night I attended my first ever Book Club.  This club is a group of military wives in the area, and is sort of a subsidiary of the Wives Club associated with Naval Postgraduate School, where our husbands are earning Masters Degrees.  Anyway.  I joined the group several months ago but was never able to attend, for various reasons, but last night I finally did.

The fact that we were going to be discussing Fifty Shades of Grey  might have been incentive to go as well.

My plans to go to book club were kind of spur of the moment, and I hadn't discussed with Hubs, so when he walked in the door, I sprung the idea on him and told him he was on his own for dinner and that there were some hotdogs in the fridge.  Surprisingly he was more than willing to be in charge of the little man for the evening!  I was so grateful.  I needed a night off!

But when Hubs asked me what Book Club was all about, I replied without skipping a beat, "Pinot"!

Afterall, we spent maybe five minutes talking about the books?  The rest was babies, husbands, weddings, shopping, family photography, and life in general.  Oh, and Brie.  And bread.

I got home at 10:30, checked on my sleeping angel, and curled up to my wonderful husband.

Sometimes it's nice to have some mommy time just so you know how much you love coming home to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment