One of the bonuses of having my mom here for a visit? I got a nice little break! And I didn't need to feel guilty, because Mama wanted to do these things for me, since she hadn't seen her only grandchild since he was only a month old!
Mama was nearly begging me to let her feed, change, bathe, dress, and read to Little Man the entire time she was here! It was so nice to have an extra set of hands and a bit of a reprieve from the daily grind.
During her visit, Mozie (as my mama has chosen as her "Grandma Name", thanks to Little Brother) taught Bunkey how to splash in the tub and play with his rubber duckies, pick up his favorite rice puffs with a pincher grip, and climb up the stairs. She was also working mightily to get him to say Ma-Ma, but we didn't quite get there!
On Tuesday, Mama accompanied us to Pacific Grove to our Parents Place class. We spent a little extra time in the area window shopping at the antique stores and getting lunch at a cute little cafe, the Victorian Corner Restaurant, where Bunkey enjoyed his first (baby-friendly) cookie! After wandering in PG, we went to the Alvarado Street Farmers Market, which I'd never attended before, and was a little underwhelmed, considering all the hype. Perhaps it's better later in the season. Perhaps I'd have liked it better if a strange man wasn't following me and asking me some rather personal questions. Perhaps it was because I'd gone to the grocery earlier in the day, so I didn't really need anything aside from the gorgeous fresh basil I scored for just a dollar! Whatever it was, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. But I'm not giving up. I'd like to attend the market again another time. Hopefully then I'll enjoy it as I should! I'll be sure to let you know!




I bet the extra set of hands to help out is great! Such a cutie in the tub!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your special time!
ReplyDelete