Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mama's Visit: 17-Mile Drive

Originally on the docket for Wednesday, the weather was crappy so we just hung at home and ran a few rainy day errands and post-poned this trip for Thursday...  But, I couldn't let Mama come all the way to Monterey and not travel 17-Mile Drive!

We spent the morning relaxing at home and putting out the Easter decorations.  Mama also helped me get set up for a Baby Shower I hosted two days after she left (that post is coming soon!), and we polished off some left-overs hanging in the fridge.  After lunch we hit the road, heading toward Carmel once again.

We entered 17-Mile Drive through Carmel and despite the overcast day, enjoyed the breathtaking views, salty sea air, dare-devil surfers on the bay, and die-hard golfers at Pebble Beach.  We saw countless gulls, dozens of seals, and even a small band of deer grazing along the way!

I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves:










And with this trip under our belts, we managed to see everything on my list of things to do with Mama.  We went to bed satisfied that we saw and did everything we wanted and we'd only managed to get one blister a piece!  This morning we made the sad trip back to the airport to drop Mama off.  Between her trip to IL to be with my Mamaw during her last moments and her trip here she's been away from home nearly a month, and I know she'll go to bed weary tonight...  I, on the other hand, am so sad she's gone, knowing it'll be several months before we see her again.  Oh the joys of military life and being far from family...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry she had to go but glad you guys had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete