Friday, July 22, 2011

Crying at the Cash Register

So for the past two or three weeks, I'll often catch Bunkey staring off into space, normally in an upward direction, toward the sky or ceiling.  At first I thought he was just checking out a painting on the wall or a light or something, but then I noticed it when there was nothing to look at.  I began to wonder if perhaps he was seeing my dad, who, as you remember, died when I was 11 weeks pregnant and has therefore become Bunkey's very special Marine Guardian Angel.  And since I firmly believe that babies are sent from Heaven, I'm convinced that Daddy met Bunkey well before I did and took good care of him until Bunkey made his earthly appearance.

Well, a few days ago I was at the Exchange on base (well, on post, since we live on an Army post even though Hubs is attending the Naval Postgraduate School...confusing, I know, but I digress) buying Bunkey some new clothes (his feet are took big for his sleepers with feet).  And when I went to the check-out counter, of course he started staring at nothing something.  The cashier noticed and said, "Ya know, I've heard that when they stare into space like that it's because they're watching the angels."

I burst into tears.  And then I felt bad because the cashier felt bad.  I had to explain the situation to her.

So I'm convinced.  My baby can see my Daddy.  And my daddy is looking out for my baby.

Thanks Daddy!  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so sweet. I've never heard that before. Awhh ♥

    ReplyDelete