Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Still Waiting...

Okie dokie....so a few of your folks wanted an update...

Yesterday morning, the packers came and loaded all my worldly possessions into boxes!  My mom came and sat with me at the house until Hubs got home mid-afternoon to take over.  When Hubs arrived, I gave him a quick run-down of what had been accomplished and what still needed to be done so that we were all on the same page.

Then Mom took me to my 39-week appointment (even though technically I was 39 weeks and 1 day).  Dr L checked me again and I was about 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced, with the baby continuing to drop.  She stripped my membranes again, which didn't hurt nearly as much as the first time.  I am still not having contractions, but I am super duper uncomfy, unable to sleep, and hot all the time.  My feet are pretty much constantly swollen, and at times tingly.  Between Hubs, my mom, Dr L, and me, we decided that unless I go into labor before my due date, I'm going to go ahead and get induced the next day.  I am certainly hoping that my body will do this on its own, but there isn't much difference between being induced a day after my due date or a week later (which is as late as Dr L would let me go), so we're opting just to get this show on the road.  I have another appointment tomorrow (Thursday morning) and I'm hoping that I might have progressed even more (we'll see, since I've been 1-2 cm for nearly two weeks now) or will even go into labor tonight or tomorrow.

Today the movers came, so all the boxes that were stacked all over the house yesterday went on the big truck and got hauled off!  Today didn't take nearly as long as yesterday, and since Hubs and Mom both had to go to work, I was just thankful that I didn't go into labor while I was at the house alone!  Tomorrow the professional cleaners will be there, and then Hubs will get started filling nail holes, painting (just touch-up), and shampooing the carpet.  The last step will be the final inspection with our property manager and the tenant will move in on the 15th!

Other than that, I have no news...  I'm sure there will be another update in the morning after my appointment, so until then, you're all free to think labor-y thoughts!!!

G'night!!

3 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed for you! I cant imagine how uncomfortable you must be right now, especially with the heat. Hopefully the next time you update, it will be with baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am glad you made it through the moving stuff without labor, as you had hoped. Now hopefully you will make it past your little brother's graduation. Then it will be time to start really thinking labor-y thoughts :). I hope things get started naturally too, but I suppose it is exciting to know that it will be ending one way or another in just a few more days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Other than that, I have no news." Um, that was a lot of news. Did you feel a small sense of relief with the empty house? I always feel that way, like the calm before the storm type of feeling. Good luck with it and I'm praying that your body does what it needs to do!

    ReplyDelete