Thursday, June 2, 2011

...and waiting...

Whelp, here we are, still preggo and waiting!!  Yes, I successfully made it through all the packing and moving without going into labor, and for that I am ever-grateful!

Last night, Hubs and I bought pizza for everyone for dinner, and I ran some errands with Mom to prep for Little Brother's graduation party this weekend.  By the time I got home and got ready for bed, I wasn't feeling so great.  My tummy hurt (not contraction pains, but like sick pains) and I just felt ickky, like it would really have been great to lay on my belly, but of course I can't do that! Finally I was really really sick (not the vomit-y kind either, but I don't want to get too graphic on you!) and my belly finally started to calm down a bit.  I can't figure out what made me have some stomach problems, since I didn't eat any strange new foods, but I was glad I was able to finally get to sleep some time after 2:00 this morning...

Hubs dropped me off at the doctor's office this morning, and I am still a good solid 2 cm dilated.  She stripped me again, and made sure I was ok with the plan moving forward.  As of right now, unless I go into labor naturally, I will head to the hospital after my little brother's graduation Monday night.  They'll start me on low-dose pitocin to hopefully get me to 3-4 cm, and then first thing Tuesday morning they'll start me on the higher doses and hopefully I'll have a baby!

I still really want to do this all on my own, and it appears that my body is getting me ready (Dr L thought that the sickness last night was pre-labor prep) but the baby is just being stubborn and staying put!  So we'll see!

Hubs went to our house while I was at the doctor to let the cleaning crew in.  They should be done early afternoon, so we're gonna plan to be over there to knock out the touch-up paint and spackling that needs to be done.  Hubs will also give the garage a good solid once-over with the shop vac, and I'll empty out the fridge for the last time.  Tomorrow Hubs will go back over to shampoo the carpets, and then we'll be ready for the inspection with the property manager!  (And yes, I think it's hilarious that as home-owners we're having our own house inspected upon vacating, but it is in our best interests, so I really can't complain!)...

...and maybe I'll go invest in some red raspberry tea this afternoon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment