And how could you blame me? Sales are wonderful...especially when you're having a baby and therefore spending money right and left!
So imagine my excitement when I checked the status of our nursery furniture registry (Pottery Barn Kids) to add up what we still needed, and discovered that our crib was on sale for $100 off! Even with the 10% Registry Completion reduction we wouldn't save that amount, but we weren't really prepared to make such a big purchase just yet (especially since my in-laws indicated that they might want to buy the crib for us). At the same time, I was scared that if we didn't act, either the sale would end, or perhaps the reduction was because the crib was being discontinued. So I called the company. And they confirmed my fears. But I talked it over with Hubs, and we made the decision to wait a week or so (when I get some PBKids Rewards points in the mail) and then make the purchase. If my in-laws decide that they want to help with the crib, then they can send us a check for whatever they want to spend, and we can use that to pay the bill when it arrives (or just for a different purchase...since you know there will be tons left to buy even after the nursery furniture is complete).
Well, this morning, in my anal-retentive state, I checked the registry again - ya know, to make sure that in the last 48 hours they haven't sold out of all 120 units of the crib I want - and found that our changing table is also on sale for $100 off! Well, it being 6:00 in the morning, and me not wanting to talk to Hubs and the customer service people to figure it all out, and there being no crazy assembly charges to quibble over (like there are for the crib; except that due to our upcoming move we don't want the crib assembled, and therefore don't want to pay for it to be assembled), I went ahead and ordered the darn thing. I scored the $100 mark-down plus a 10% registry completion discount, saving me around $130...and even after the shipping fees were added, I was $90 below the original purchase price of the item!
Now, if only we can get some discounts on strollers, pack-n-plays, and high chairs, we'll knock out the majority of our big-ticket items!
Oh...and in Baby update news... I had my 24-week check yesterday. Everything is on track and looking good. I gained a little more weight than I'm happy about, but my doctor wasn't concerned at all, and by looking at me, no one has a clue how much I actually weigh...at least that's what they tell me! I've been having more acid-reflux lately, and got some recommendations for that. Hubs got me a Valentine's Day gift certificate for a 90-minute massage, which should help with my back. My cold seems to be better and by the end of the week I will be done with my antibiotics. I'm cooking better than I did while I was finishing school and am hoping that will make us all feel better...and as soon as I get off the meds I plan to be back in the gym! I have my glucose test in three weeks, and I guess that is about the time I'll start with my appointments every two weeks instead of every four! Can't believe how fast it's all going! As always, I'll keep you posted!
I can't remember exactly when it was, but at one point last year, one store had pack-n-plays on mega-discount to around $30-50. My mom mentioned it to me since she knew I had a friend expecting. I didn't end up getting it, but I'll ask my mom which store it was--I think it was a department store. If you're not picky about the pattern, this could be the way to go.
ReplyDeleteOh my, it is pretty amazing how fast time is flying. It feels like just yesterday you were announcing you were pregnant and now you're about to start your appointments every two weeks.
ReplyDeleteThat is really awesome that the furniture is on sale right now. I am sure everything will work out for you to get it before it is discontinued. I love sales as well. Just found my stroller on sale ($100 off!) and am snatching it up this weekend hopefully!
don't you just loooove that crib? we're years away from having kids and i've already put it on my mental wish list. you have good taste! ;) glad you're staying healthy!
ReplyDeleteBeth...unfortunately, this particular crib is being discontinued. Hopefully by the time you're ready for kids they'l have another iron one for sale!
ReplyDelete