Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I did it!

Oh I'm so excited I can't contain myself!  And so of course I have to share with you the news that has me thrilled to pieces!

Yesterday I hit 25 weeks.  I also assembled Baby H's changing table that is so gorgeous!  Big Brother came over to help Hubs get it upstairs into our make-shift storage unit guest room and even he was impressed!  Of course, Hubs is thrilled that this changing table doesn't really look like a changing table, so when we're done having babies, it can be repurposed as a lovely cabinet/chest in another room.  After all, I convinced Hubs that spending so much on nursery furniture was well worth the investment, because I promised faithfully that we'd be able to use everything even after Baby outgrew it!


And today, I took the bull by the horns and made our biggest nursery purchase yet.  I ordered our fabulous iron crib!  Honestly, Hubs better be careful because I am in love!  And as I mentioned before, the crib was marked down $100.  I also received a 10% discount.  And, since we're moving shortly after Baby arrives, we don't require assembly, so while I couldn't get the $100 delivery and assembly charge removed, they did compensate by knocking off the $72 shipping charge!  Score!


After all that baby shopping goodness, I had a nice long chat with my mother-in-law, who told me that she'd ordered our pack-n-play as a gift for the shower my girlfriend is throwing next month.  
She also told me that she was mailing me some coupons to go and buy the travel system (stroller and car seat/baby carrier) as a gift for another shower my mom's friend is throwing later in the Spring...and then to send her the bill for the rest!  So looks like most of the larger items are being taken care of!  
I'm so thrilled to feel like a large dent is being made in all the things we'll need...babies are expensive, but I know once Baby H is here it'll be well worth the cost.  Of course, that doesn't make the spending any easier...

4 comments:

  1. I love that changing table! It's so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome you are checking things off your list! The costs do add up insanely quickly, but like you're saying, it will all be worth it when the little one shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the changing table?

    What pack n play did you get? I love the storage on the one pictured!

    And lastly, what travel system are you getting? I love the Chicco brand ones, but they are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The changing table and crib are from Pottery Barn Kids. If you're interested, I believe both are being discontinued, so they're both currently on sale $100 off! The pack-n-play is actually the "S1 by Safety 1st Satellite Premier Play Yard - Pegasus" from Babies R Us. And the travel system is Graco's Stylus Travel System Stroller in the "Ben" pattern.

    ReplyDelete