"Like a river meets the sea, stronger than it's ever been, we've come so far since that day. And I thought I loved you then."
~Brad Paisley, "Then"

I just love Brad Paisley's songs. The lyrics are so real and you can tell he writes his music from his own everyday life. There are a handful of his songs that hit so close to home it doesn't matter how many times I hear them, I tear up. I can only imagine that if he'd written "Then" in time, it probably would have been the song Patrick and I danced to at our wedding two years ago.
That said, I do want to share with you a lovely quotation we did use for our wedding: "Now join your hands together, and with your hands, your heart." This message, from The Bard himself, was tied onto the gift bags placed in the hotel rooms of our wedding guests. Such a simple statement, but so perfect for the occasion, especially since one of my favorite classes in high school was one dedicated to reading Shakespeare's wonderful plays. Who'd have thought that one of the most difficult tasks of wedding planning would be finding the perfect quote for a goodie bag??
Happy anniversary Babe!! I can't believe it's been two years since we became LT and Mrs, but I wouldn't change it for the world! Love you so much and can't wait to see you soon!
What a lovely photo :-) Congratulations :-) :-)
ReplyDelete