There just are not enough hours in the day. This little blog of mine, which was once a priority, and something that was fun, is becoming more and more of a chore. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, so for now I'll just try to update what I can, when I can.
About a month ago, we had a fabulous play date at the neighborhood pool. Unfortunately, that was the only day in July that I went to the pool, and I still haven't been this month. Even more unfortunate is that I went to Target and spent a small fortune on water wings for Buddy Man, who was getting brave enough to wade into the BIG BOY pool with the other kids, and some cute matching pool shoes that could be worn to a nearby splash park which we never visited. Oops! I guess there's still time. Maybe this coming weekend we'll go. On the positive side, we're set for pool gear for next summer, and I'm sure I'll be celebrating this time next year, as I'll be done with nursing school, gearing up for boards, and hopefully landing a fabulous job!
![]() |
| We also have fountains! |
A few days after our visit to the pool, we had a Mommy and Me date to the park. Buddy Man walked all by himself, and stayed close enough to the stroller that I was comfortable to not enforce hand-holding until we needed to cross the street, at which point we waged a small battle of wills (I won). But Buddy Man finally braved the slides, merry-go-round, and swings all by himself and needed absolutely no coaxing from me...except for when it was time to go home.
![]() |
| Dutchy was happy to play with his toes in the shade! |
Needless to say, that was a fabulous week for naps. The boys had fun, we got in plenty of sun and outside time, I still managed to complete all my errands and a week of working out, and everyone took long naps! Wish I'd done things like that all summer long...for a variety of reasons!









No comments:
Post a Comment