I know I am way behind on my life's update. Since you have nothing more important in your own lives with which to occupy your time. So again, we'll go with the bullets, a few pictures, and then perhaps one day I'll feel settled and organized and I can make the decision on what I want to do about this blog.
By the way, I switched to Blog Lovin' for my blog reader purposes. Not sure how I like it so far, but it was super easy to import my reading list, and I'm all about ease these days!
- House. The latest project we've tackled is the backyard. And with good reason since we skipped Spring and came right up to 80-degree weather! Hubs and I contracted a great company to build us a paver patio, very similar to the one in our house in Hampton Roads. The main difference is that this house sits up higher, so we have about four steps that lead down to the patio. But it's maintenance-free, and we like that better than painting a deck every year! We're in the process of getting quotes to add rails to the steps and to put up a safety gate (wrought-iron) across the stairs that lead to the basement door. Later today a nursery is delivering 10 laurels and a huge magnolia tree, so that will be a big project this week. And further down the road we'll think about a fence, beds along the edge of the patio, and an herb garden. Though my planters are all cleaned out and ready for potted herbs, so we might get going on some of those this week or next. We'll just see.
- More on the hometown. The jury's out on the new pediatrician. I have an appointment with her this week and if it goes well we'll stick with her. If not, I have another waiting in the wings that I really like. I found a hairdresser I love. I've been to the mall a few times. And I've found some other parts of town to fit our needs. I hope to do more exploring now that the weather's nicer, and I've made a calendar of local festivals, parades, and events so we can have some good family fun in the area!
- On turning 30. I got my hair done and shared a cupcake with Bunkey (now known more often as Buddy-Man). Mama and Little Brother came up for the weekend. Big Brother spent the night. Uncle T came over for dinner. And I got some great gifts (one of which was a fabulous picnic basket that I can't wait to use!). So, 30's not so bad! In case you were wondering.
- Buddy-Man. Still improving on his vocabulary, so we're all really careful with what we say around him. He's learning his body parts and pointing to things and saying "What's that?" so he really wants to learn! I'm excited about this stage of his life! Hopefully with the warmer weather we can get out more and meet some folks/make some friends! Our application for pool passes in our neighborhood just came and I can't wait!
- "Dutch". As I mentioned, Mom and Little Brother drove up for my birthday. The day after (Friday), they came with me to an OB appointment and Dr L stripped my membranes, declared I was dilated to 3 cm and on my way to 4 and that she thought my water would probably break that evening, but certainly over the weekend. We went to the mall, had lunch, and generally walked around trying to get things going. We went home. We had my birthday dinner on Saturday. We went to Mass on Sunday. Mom debated on what she should do since her original plan involved her going home and then coming back about three days before my due date. I contracted a little bit here and there, but nothing happened. Mom ended up staying in the area. Little Brother drove her car back home since he had to work. I went to my 39 week appointment. Dr L stripped me again and told me she didn't want me to go past my due date and scheduled an induction for the day prior to my due date, still telling me that she thought I'd go into labor on my own. Little Brother brought my mom's car back to her, then Big Brother drove him back home and stayed the weekend with him. I got induced, as scheduled, had about an 8-hour labor, got my water broken around 2:00 pm (4 cm) and delivered at 5:00 after just three pushes. Buddy Man can't say his brother's name and it comes out "Dutch" so that's the nickname we're sticking to. Dutch was a full pound heavier than his big brother and only 1/4-inch longer. Full head of hair and super mellow. Slept through the night at 4 days and really only cries when he's hungry. He's nearing 1-month now and life is crazy, but we love it! I'm feeling great, working out again, and learning how to navigate my daily chores and errands with two in tow!
- Hubs was able to take 10 days of leave after the first week. Since Mom's trip for my birthday was much longer than she thought, she was only able to stay one night with us after I came home from the hospital, rather than a week. So I shuffled through that first week largely on my own. We celebrated Easter at Mom's house last weekend. This past Sunday I drove with both boys to Annapolis to visit with my dad on what would have been his 60th birthday and for my Nana's inurnment, following her death back in July. Hubs was out of time for his baby leave, so he couldn't join us, but my mom and brothers, along with my uncle, aunt, aunt and a cousin were all there and we enjoyed the family time. The babies did great, and though it was a speed trip, it was a good trip. Hubs and I celebrate our fifth anniversary this weekend, and since a nice dinner out and extravagant gifts are out of the picture right now (we only do gifts on anniversaries ending in 5 and 0) we opted for smaller gifts and a picnic in DC during the Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Nursing School. I'm 2/3 done with my last pre-req and doing well. I was able to get about a month ahead before Dutch came along, and now I'm maybe about two weeks ahead. So chugging along. George Mason sent my decision letter to the wrong address, so that is being resent, and from my phone conversation with Admissions yesterday, it seems I'm in, but they weren't allowed to tell me over the phone. But I can't celebrate just yet, because I have to not only get in to GMU, but I have to be accepted into the Nursing School's accelerated program (12 months, full time). And that letter isn't expected until the end of this month. But I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep you posted.
And that is my life thus far. So here's a few pictures, since that's what you come for!
 |
| Literally just born! |
 |
| A new family of four!! |
 |
| Brothers! |
 |
| Happy Easter! |
 |
| Buddy Man was a little scared of the Bunny this year... |
 |
| Three days old! |
Wow, you've been busy! Congratulations!! I hope my 2nd birth goes quickly too :-)
ReplyDeleteI haven't been keeping up too well with my blog-reading lately, but I was thinking about you this morning and had to know about your newest addition. Congrats, and it sounds like everything is going pretty well with the house and the new area and such. Good luck with the school stuff!
ReplyDelete(That was me who wrote the last comment--my husband had used this computer last night, and the darn menu doesn't tell you which Google account you're signed in as.)
ReplyDelete