Well, I figured that as things "solidified" I owed you a bit of an update to all the changes we have coming up...specifically the ones I mentioned in this post.
I'm nearing 33-weeks pregnant and still feeling great. I did do some yardwork and enjoy a tough day at the gym earlier this week, which have resulted in my being sore and couch-bound for more than I'd like. I guess I don't want to admit to myself that I have to slow down... I have my next appointment on Tuesday and it's hard to believe that I'm super close to my weekly appointments! The almost government shut-down cancelled Hubs' trip earlier this week, so he was here for our Labor class. That said, they talked mostly about epidurals, and I am preparing myself for a natural delivery, so it wasn't as much help as we thought it would be. No breathing techniques or anything like that. But, like I said, I learned a ton watching women labor during my rotation in the Women's Center during nursing school, so I feel confident that my expectations are on par with what I'll experience...or at least my expectations are pretty darn close!
As for the other craziness I mentioned before?
Well, our house has been heavily advertised on a variety of rental sites and a realtor has had three potential tenants make appointments for a walk-through. One was a no-show and one came this morning. The third will take a look tomorrow afternoon...and hopefully there'll be more to come! I'm anxious to know what the folks this morning thought, as I took a sneak peek at them when I was leaving the house so they could look without the owners here, and they looked like a nice family...so we'll just wait and see!
It's been Hubs' job to lock down a date for our pack-out and he simply hasn't had the time to do so yet. I'm hoping things will slow down for him at work at some point so he can take care of that before I have to turn into a nasty nagging wife... But we'll see! I have gotten a few estimates for professional cleaning services and I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pay someone to take care of that for me just because it'll be one less thing to worry about during my "ticking time-bomb" weeks!
We found out that that Navy will not pay for us to ship one car since we're moving within the US, and it was going to be quite pricey for us to ship my car ourselves. So we spent some time exploring other options... But during that process, we decided that it's time to say goodbye to Hubs' two-door Honda Accord and replace it with a more family-friendly car. We found what we want and decided that we're going to order it so we get exactly what we want, and the dealer offered to have the car shipped directly to us in California at no extra charge! Well, that solves our problem because now we'll either sell or trade-in the Honda and Hubs will drive my car 'cross country...and the new car will be there waiting for us when we arrive!
I had my consult with our new pediatrician and absolutely loved him! I'm so excited that Bunkey has a doctor all lined up that seems to be on the same wave-length as me. The consult went great and I got a lot of information that was totally non-judgemental based on my beliefs and how I want to raise my child! Dr G will see us 24 hours after we're discharged from the hospital and then likely at the 2-week mark, and possibly at the 4-week mark, depending on when we fly out west. I did have some "homework" from Dr G in the preparation department, but I'm so glad he took the time to give me some tips on what things I still need to buy and will need in that first two weeks so I have a better idea of what I can have the movers pack up and what I need to save out at my mom's house while we're staying with her!
I've made several phone calls out to the Base Housing Office in Monterey this week, getting all the scoop on what we qualify for and what our options are. I've also exchanged a ton of emails with people I know who live there now to get the real deal! And today I got a phone call that we'd been assigned a Resident Specialist to finalize all the details. As we were talking I asked what was available in our timeline and she had the perfect house that meet all our requirements. I asked her to please reserve it for us and send me the necessary paperwork to make things official. She called me back 15 minutes later to tell me that someone else beat me by about five minutes! I'm so upset...I'd already even called Hubs at work to tell him the good news... So now we're back to the drawing board, but she did tell me that we're still in the early stages so things are coming open every day. My new chore every day, even twice a day, will be to call the housing office to see what's available and try to get us something fabulous.... Wish me luck!
And with that, I must get dressed for some dear friends' rehearsal dinner that Hubs and I are attending this evening!!
This is going to sound CRAZY but we are PCSing too and I also have a two door Honda accord.. haha and we were going to ship that vehicle but learned that they don't ship cars within the US! AHhh so we are now selling our car... haha! Just had to share that with you :) And yes base housing can be so aggravating! Luckily we already have an address (even though it wasn't in the community I REALLY wanted but.. at least we have a house) Good luck to you, I know something will come along :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy that your Peds consult went well! Any advice from him that you can pass along? Im pretty sure we wont get to chose our pediatrician here or have a consult with them pre-delivery.
ReplyDelete