Today was a happy day!
Yesterday I completed my final week of clinicals for nursing school. Today was my final class day. No more tests, just a final presentation and turning in my level (a list of nursing tasks and skills we have to master during clinicals and get signed off as we complete them). The only thing standing between me and graduation is a 60-hour preceptorship, where I'll shadow a nurse during her entire 12-hour shift... I didn't have to cram in any last minute studying for a test this morning when I woke up. And Hubs had a work function today so he didn't need me to make him a lunch to take. But the best part?! When I came into class, my desk was full! My classmates had baked me cupcakes, created a diaper cake, and filled a gigantic gift bag with baby necessities for me... The impromptu baby shower was a wonderful surprise and certainly put a smile on my face!
And when I got home? Well, about an hour after walking through the door Baby H's bassinet arrived! It's absolutely gorgeous!
I'm a little sad that we're moving so soon after I give birth, so there is no reason to pack up our guest room (we really have no extra storage for that furniture anyhow) and set up a nursery. It's hard to leave things packed up when my A-type, mega-planner personality really wants to wash linens, fill baskets with diapers and wipes, and hang adorable miniature clothes in the closet... And even though I know I could certainly get away with putting together the bassinet with its crisp pique bedding, I also know that it'll be easier to pack and keep in one piece throughout our upcoming move. And I also know that even if I were to wash the bedding now, I'd just wash and iron it again after pulling it from musty cardboard boxes that have traveled from one coast to another... So, I'm trying very hard to stifle my need to nest and my desire to organize...
Until then, I'll just revel in every kick I feel (and every box with nursery goodies that arrives on my doorstep)...

How cool that everyone threw you a little party. And that is so awesome that you are almost done. Home stretch!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how hard it would be to suppress the nesting urge. I guess you'll have to channel that energy somewhere else. I can imagine after a few 12 hour nursing shifts maybe you can use that spare time to rest.
That was so nice of them!! Things like that always brighten my day!
ReplyDelete