Ultrasound that is! I had my big second trimester ultrasound yesterday! The baby's measuring about two days ahead of schedule and everything is looking fine, according to the technician, who, let me just say, is no where near as personable as anyone else in that practice! I love my doctor, her co-worker doctors (I get to see each of them during my pregnancy so that I'll be prepared should my doctor be unavailable the day I deliver), and all the nurses and front desk staff at my clinic. I even like the lab lady who's only interested in poking my arm and stealing my blood. But this ultrasound tech? Well, maybe it's because she had cancellations and wanted to move my appointment up, only I couldn't because of class, but she seemed very cranky and very business-as-usual with me...not really speaking to me at all during the appointment or explaining what she was looking at and for, until I asked her. Oh well...I got to see my little monkey, and even though (s)he wasn't dancing around for me to feel, the tech said all was well, and I saw a little heart beating, so I'm happy.
And in two weeks I get to go back for my 20-week appointment with the doctor, and I'm sure I'll get some warm-fuzzies from her!
Until then, I'm just glad they gave me a list of over the counter meds I can take to get rid of this annoying runny nose I have going on! I'm no pill popper, but my nose is so raw from blowing that I'm afraid one more kleenex will rub the poor thing clean off my face!
PS Yes, it's still a surprise! I asked my unenthusiastic ultrasound technician to please stay above the belt!




I'm surprised she didn't just accidentally-on-purpose blow it for you if she was in a mood like that...
ReplyDeleteS/he is so cute! I love u/s pictures! Please don't take her mood personally - or even take it as a mood - most u/s techs are very VERY tight lipped in case they spy something wrong since they aren't allowed to discuss that type of thing with patients; it has to be a doctor. They don't want to point out, "Oh look here's the spi... um, let's look at something else" and have the Mom rightfully freak out. If you ask them, they'll give you info about what they've already seen and measured, but they'll rarely say, "Okay, let's go see the four lobes of the brain to make sure they're all intact" and then find that they can only see three and then be on the hook for that flub. :o) So don't take it too personally! It's just their "thing"! Congrats on the 1/2 way point!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! I am amazed at technology these days, all the detail. Thanks for sharing with us!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures. They are so clear! You will be able to tell soon when you feel something for sure. Hard to believe you are almost half way already! super exciting.
ReplyDeletethank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the hair advice! the directions didn't say to let them heat up THAT LONG! hopefully this solves my problem!! thanks so much :)
ReplyDelete