Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Daddy, My Hero

Please excuse my absence from blogging for a while.  I lost my wonderful father and my hero yesterday and don't feel much like blogging...

RIP Daddy, 7 April 1953 - 13 November 2010

I love you!

"Eternal Father, grant, we pray,
To all Marines, both night and day,
The courage, honor, strength, and skill
Their land to serve, thy law fulfill;
Be thou the shield forevermore
From every peril to the Corps."



6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry!! I know how hard it is. I lost my dad 11 years ago :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry. I know there's not much someone can say to make you feel any better during a terrible time like this, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and that Im sending virtual hugs your way! Your wedding photo of him walking you down the aisle is beautiful and you two look so very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I am so so sorry. :-( Sending you a virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry for your loss Kate. I can only imagine how proud he was of you. You will get through this, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Just know I am thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kate! I can't tell you how sorry I am to read this. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my prayers. Sending you big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I'm so sorry! Take as much time as you need, but know that you're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete