...except for right now!
I love to scrapbook, and I hang on to ticket stubs, gift cards, and other mementos from vacations and special events to include in our memory books. Well, last night, as I got the wild urge to sort through my various nooks, crannies, and random piles of junk, I discovered that I was quite behind in my scrapbooking! By "quite behind" I mean that I found some ticket stubs from a trip to Egypt in 1999!!! Other paraphernalia included the note that came with the roses Patrick sent me for our first Christmas, a balloon from our first Valentine's Day, and brochures from several day-trips, weekend-get-aways, and my trip to Boston during Patrick's deployment last summer.
So last night I spent several hours sorting through all my scraps, figuring out in which (apparently) incomplete scrapbook they belong, creating pages for events that have yet to be chronicled, and organizing materials for future pages (like our upcoming vacation to Savannah and Key West!). Let's just say the family room floor is a collage of the past four years!
So this morning I burned all my as yet undeveloped photos onto a CD (actually it took a DVD to fit them all on one disk) and am determined to get them into the appropriate books this week...
Step 1: Drop off disk to be developed on my way to my physical.
Step 2: Pick up developed pictures.
Step 3: Resist urge to put newly developed pictures in a drawer where they'll be forgotten for five years!
No comments:
Post a Comment