Saturday, April 14, 2007

Underway...shift colors!

Hey Y'all,

Well, we did it...got underway with no problems. Mom and Jake brought me to the pier before they took Dad to the airport (he has a business trip to Germany this week) and somehow I made it up the pier with all my stuff strapped on my back! Luckily for me, I'd already brought my bike, SCUBA gear, and most of my civilian clothes onboard, so I didn't have much more to bring! That said, packing for six months is quite challenging, if you've never done it before!

Anyway, now that I am fully qualified, I should have a little more free time on my hands this deployment, and should be able to enjoy myself a bit more. I'm looking forward to seeing new places and experiencing cultures I never thought I'd encounter! I will try to send regular updates about where I've been and what I've seen so you have an idea of what life is like out here. If you'd rather not get my messages, let me know and I will gladly take you off this list...otherwise, welcome to my world!

Keep in touch!

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment