Hey Y'all,
Whelp, this is it...my final installment of this deployment journal. Thanks for sticking with me throughout the last 22 weeks, sending email, letters, cards, and packages. They were all appreciated and made deployment go by so much more quickly!!
This week, I celebrated a lot of "last times" on NORMANDY. Saturday was my last "NORMANDY Pizza Night" which I spent with my division on the Mess Decks. Sunday, I offered my last Catholic Lay Services. Wednesday was my last Burger Day. Thursday, I led my last SLAMEX as the Strike Officer, and stood my last watch in Combat. Today, I paid my final Mess Bill and manned the rails for the last time when we pulled in to port. Following pulling in, I was officially "bonged off" with the entire Wardroom standing by. It's a bittersweet time, but I am looking forward to the future and reporting to my next command, getting married, and deploying as part of a staff instead of ship's company. I'll be learning a lot in the next year, and it's so exciting!!
In a few hours, I will head to the airport to begin my journey home. I'll fly from the Seychelles, to Dubai, to Amsterdam, to Detroit, to Norfolk. It'll be a long flight, but it'll be so good to see everyone waiting for me when I get home...I can't wait!
Anyway, just wanted to write one last time and close out this deployment. Hopefully I'll see you all sometime soon this Fall or Winter!!
Keep in touch!!
Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment