Saturday, May 5, 2007

Week 3: Neptune Warrior est fini!

Hey Y'all!

Well, another week has come and gone and Neptune Warrior is over! After nearly two weeks of wargames, we can all relax a little bit and look forward to our upcoming port visits!

As part of the exercise, we were able to see a lot of warfare areas in action simultaneously, as well as see some cool stuff that you just don't experience every day! For instance, while we were conducting defense against small boat attacks, the Scottish boats that were playing with us got so close and were so aggressive that at times they disappeared under the bow of the ship! Another time, they actually bumped our stern because they came too close while we were in a turn! The other day, a British Harrier flew in so close it looked like he'd go between our masts! At one point, he flew straight for the bow of the ship and turned just before he got to the windows on the bridge....we're talking overflying the ship by 10 yards! Pretty close and VERY cool!

At any rate, the watch rotation has calmed down a bit, and I am back to four section watches on the bridge.....5 hours on a 15 off, which is nice. Gives us more opportunities to sleep a whole night! I am also standing Officer of the Deck right now, which is a good challenge since I am in charge of the safety of the entire ship, with only the Captain to give me orders!!!

Anyway, that is about all I have to report this time.....I'll send another update when we leave France to let you know about that trip!

Cheers,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment